Decorated Homes and Sites in Beautiful Historic York, SC
Weekends in December 2020
This is not our usual tour where you can go inside the sites.
This is a driving or walking tour, outside only.
No ticket is required (so no charge for this tour).
Use this link to for pictures of some of the beautiful sites.
Although the Yorkville Historical Society is unable to have our usual holiday tour of historic homes and sites, we welcome visitors to York on the weekends in December to see beautifully decorated exteriors of homes and sites. There will be beautiful lights, garlands, wreaths, bows, greenery, and other personal touches. Luminarias will be lit on Saturday evenings throughout the month of December at many of the homes.
To view these beautiful homes, we recommend you start at one of these locations in York.
- At West Liberty Street and South Congress Street, we encourage you to start with the beautiful courthouse. Continue north on Congress Street through the wonderful downtown area past Moore Park and to the roundabout where you can take Hillside Lane to Kings Mountain Street. At Kings Mountain Street turn left. Make sure to see the homes on Broad Street. (Turn left on Broad Street, left on Hillside Lane, then left to get back on Kings Mountain Street.) Continue and then make a right on Wright Avenue. Then turn left at West Madison Street, and return to North Congress Street.
- Start at the corner of East Liberty Street and College Street. Take College Street heading south toward East Jefferson Street. Turn left at East Jefferson Street, then left at Church Street returning to East Liberty Street, where turning left will bring you back to the center of town.
- Yorkville Marketplace, 108 North Congress Street, York, SC 29745
- Greater York Chamber of Commerce (beside the library), 23 East Liberty Street, York, SC 29745
A Guide to Olde York: The White Rose Tour
Would you like to know more about the beautiful sites? Get a copy of our book from one of the local York shops below, or order online from Arcadia Publishing, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Books-A-Million. See our website for more details.
- The Divine Horse, 43 North Congress Street, York, SC 29745 803.818.4288 https://www.divinehorsetack.com/
- Farm Chicks Vintage, 41 North Congress Street, York, SC 29745 803.818.5100 https://farmchicksvintage.com/