- Sadler Store Historical Marker – The Sadler Store Historical Marker was dedicated on December 9, 2021, at the Sadler Store, 405 South Congress Street, York, SC 29745. This is the text from the marker: This brick-veneered, wood frame building was built in 1927 as a country store opened by William Sadler (1865-1930). An African American businessman, Sadler had managed farmland and another store in McConnells, S.C., before opening the Sadler Store here on the outskirts of York in one of the town’s predominantly black neighborhoods. The adjacent one-story house was built at the same time as the store and served as Sadler’s second family home. Upon Sadler’s death, his daughter Mary “Mamie” Sadler Crawford (1899-1992) took over the store, managing it until the 1960s. She renamed it “Crawford’s” and added a lunch counter. It was one of York’s only black-owned businesses and a well-known gathering place for local African Americans and those traveling between Charlotte and Columbia. Crawford’s daughter, Mae Crawford Williams, kept the store open until 1997. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2017.
- Publication – A Guide to Olde York: The White Rose Tour
- Moore Park Sign – This updated sign was put in place in April of 2020 at Moore Park on the corner of Kings Mountain Street and North Congress.
Welcome to Moore Park
A Project of The Yorkville Historical Society and The Clean Community System
Sign updated in 2020 In memory of Robert Scott Hollis 1962 – 2019
- Wright Funeral Home Historical Marker – Dedicated August 3rd, 2018 The Yorkville Historical Society worked in cooperation with Bridget Wright White in the application and approval process with The South Carolina Department of Archives and History in obtaining a South Carolina State Historical Marker for Wright Funeral Home. The Historical Society was pleased to fund this project. The marker’s location is at 6 Hunter Street, York, SC 29745. This marker was installed at no charge by Diversified Signs & Graphics of York, SC.
- Various Victorian Street Signs