The Yorkville Historical Society has no archives, genealogical records, or research staff.
Below are several great resources:
- Historical Center of York County, 210 East Jefferson Street, York, SC 29745. We recommend that you contact the Historical Center of York County to answer your genealogical and historical research inquiries. The Historical Center of York County opened in 1989 to serve as York County’s archival repository to collect and preserve information of historical importance. Use this link and scroll down to find out how to submit your research request to the Historical Center of York County.
- York County, South Carolina Free Public Records Directory
- Trail of History Videos-Recent Shows
Genealogical and Historical Societies:
- Broad River Genealogical Society
- Broad River Basin Historical Society
- The Chester District Genealogical Society
- Mecklenburg Genealogical Society (Mecklenburg County, NC)
- National Genealogical Society
- North Carolina Genealogical Society
- Old Pendleton District Genealogical Society (Pickens and Oconee Counties)
- The Piedmont Historical Society
- South Carolina Genealogical Society
- The South Carolina Historical Society
- York County Genealogical & Historical Society
-> A Guide to Olde York: The White Rose Tour
The Genesis of York This remarkable publication contains a brief history of the formation in 1785–1787 of the County of York, South Carolina, and also of the Village of York, together with abstracts of the first deeds to the 88 lots and 19 tracts of land shown on the village plan drawn up by Colonel William Hill, the proprietary.
Books available from Brent H. Holcomb and the South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research