See information below about our wonderful events!
- Stories of the Stones – Cemetery Tour, Fall 2017 This fabulous tour won an Award of Merit from the Confederation of S.C. Local Historical Societies in 2008.
- Christmas in Olde York 2017, Saturday December 9th and Sunday December 10th
Previous Yorkville Historical Society Meetings 2017:
- Thursday, June 29th at 6:30 p.m.
Our speaker was Mary Catherine Ward, Executive Director of the Greater York Chamber of Commerce as our speaker. She will talked about the activities and plans for the chamber of commerce and how they can help other groups.
- Thursday, March 30th, 2017 – Our speaker was Lieutenant Dale Edwards, Community Services Officer for the city of York Police Department.
- Thursday, April 27th, 2017 – The wonderful presentation by Zach Lemhouse and two other excellent musicians-Nash Lyle on fiddle and mandolin and Frank Tice on guitar-was based on Scot Irish folk music history and impact, and was a combination of singing and narratives.
- Thursday, May 25th
We were very fortunate to have Brent Holcomb, well-know genealogist, as our speaker. His topic was be research and resources.
Previous Field Trips:
Yorkville Historical Society Field Trip, Tuesday, May 9th 2017
We had a wonderful field trip to visit historic Sharon, SC. We visited the beautiful Hill Store, had lunch at the Sharon Grill, visited the Museum of Western York County, and as an option, toured the Woodlawn Cemetery. We met at the McCelvey Center, 212 East Jefferson Street, in York, SC at 9:30.
Previous Christmas Tours:
Other Wonderful Events
- Allison Creek Celebration May 6th and 7th, 2017